Having been in business since 1910, we have a wealth of experience and knowledge about mechanical systems. We often work with designers and engineers during the planning phase of a project to ensure that the HVAC, plumbing, and piping systems fit the needs and budget of the project. During this design assist process, we can suggest modifications and solutions that will help avoid conflicts further in the construction phase. We also have a network of design and engineering partners we can recommend for most projects.
Building Information Modeling
Building Information Modeling (BIM) is the creation and coordination of 3-dimensional (3D) models used to simulate the construction and operation of a facility. The resulting model is a data rich, object-oriented, intelligent and parametric digital representation of a facility. Views and data appropriate to various users’ needs can be extracted and analyzed to generate information that can be used to make decisions and improve the process of delivering the facility.
We have set a goal to become the leading BIM Contractor within small construction firms. Having the capability to incorporate BIM coordination on any given project is a great benefit to all trades involved. We have proven skills in this new technology and continue to invest in future technologies.
BIM has many advantages in today’s AEC Industry.
Among the many competitive advantages include:
- Increased speed of delivered project
- Better coordination (reduced errors in design, fabrication and construction)
- Increased efficiency and coordination among owners, architects, general contractors and trades
- Decreased cost
- Greater productivity
- Improved quality control
- Competitive edge acquiring business
We utilize the latest design software to remain current with the latest technologies.
We currently utilize:
- Autocad MEP 2018
- Navisworks 2018
- Trimble Pipe Designer 14.0v1
- Trimble Duct Designer 14.0v1
We are a member of the United States Green Building Council and have two LEED™ Accredited Professionals on staff. We have collaborated on numerous LEED™ certified projects and understand the specific nuances of green building and sustainability requirements.
In addition to the implementation of green building practices, our expertise is also useful in the design process. We are able to make recommendations for many of the LEED™ measurement areas.
Some specific ways that we can contribute to a LEED™ project include:
- Stormwater Design (Sustainable Sites)
- Water Use Reduction (Water Efficiency)
- Innovate Wastewater Technologies (Water Efficiency)
- Fundamental Commissioning of the Building Energy Systems (Energy & Atmosphere)
- Fundamental Refrigerant Management (Energy & Atmosphere)
- Enhanced Refrigerant Management (Energy & Atmosphere)
- Construction Waste Management (Materials & Resources)
- Outdoor Air Delivery Monitoring (Indoor Environmental Quality)
- Construction IAQ Management Plan (Indoor Environmental Quality)
- Thermal Comfort (Indoor Environmental Quality)