Safety is paramount to us, and our employees, and it shows in our excellent safety record and stellar workplace attitudes. We continually invest in safety training and promote safety through various programs and with the guidance of our full-time Safety Officer. We demand that all OSHA regulations be observed and maintained as the minimum standard for our employees and all subcontractor employees. We strive to create a culture that lends itself to proactive actions at all levels. This attitude is driven down from the ownership level through supervisors and finally to the “greenest” employee in the field. Every employee understands that they have the right to Stop Work for any situation that is unsafe or exhibits some level of risk.
About Our Safety Officer, Eddie Evans
Our Safety Officer, Eddie Evans, is a Certified Safety Professional® (CSP®) by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) and earned an MBA in 2020 from the University of North Alabama. Eddie was selected in 2016 as the Safety Person of the Year by the North Alabama Chapter of ABC. He has chaired the ABC Safety Committee for several years. He is a member of the Alabama Governor’s Safety and Health Conference Planning Committee. Eddie is also involved with other local safety organizations and community efforts in which safety outreach is the prime directive.
Our safety training efforts include structured initial orientation courses, tool box safety meetings, hazard communication training, and other special training sessions. All of our employees are trained and oriented before they start working on a job site. We utilize safety programs provided by the Tennessee Valley Training Center (TVTC) for basic safety training and certifications, as well as an annual safety training program to allow employees to keep their safety training up to date.
- OSHA training stats:
- OSHA 10 Hour: 65% of Workforce
- OSHA 30 Hour: 42% of Workforce
- 80% of employees exposed to hazards have been trained in one of the two OSHA classes.
The areas of training include:
- General Employee Safety
- Hazard Communication and Chemical safety
- Personal Protection Equipment
- Respiratory Protection
- Hearing Conservation Unit
- Electrical Safety for non-qualified workers
- Elevated Work Areas
- Process Safety Management
- General Rules and Emergency Response
A number of additional training topics are covered on an as needed basis.
These topics might include:
- Aerial Lift Certification
- Powered Industrial Truck Certification
- First Aid and CPR Training
- OSHA 10 hr and OSHA 30 hr
- Hand Safety
- Specific Power Tool Training
- Confined Space Entry Training
- Other Various OSHA Mandated Topics