Alan B. Schollian
Alan came to M & D Mechanical in 1996. He began his career as an Apprentice Plumber, serving a four year apprenticeship and acquiring his Journeyman license. He later learned pipefitting and became a certified welder, working on industrial, as well as commercial projects. He spent 13 years working in the field as a mechanic, foreman, and Supervisor. In 1991, he took a job as a Code Inspector, with the City of Pensacola, enforcing the Standard Plumbing and Gas Codes on new construction and renovations in that city. After completing his bachelor’s degree in 1992, he worked as a Quality Control Representative on general construction projects at the Pensacola Naval Air Station, before returning to mechanical work. He worked on several large government projects for a Pensacola-based mechanical contractor at NAS Pensacola and Eglin AFB as a Project Manager before coming to M & D. He was a Board Member, Vice President, and Executive Vice President before becoming President. He continues to manage projects for specific clients.
- Bachelor of Science in Business – Troy State University
- Master of Science in Management – Troy State University
- State of Alabama Certified Master Plumber/Gas Fitter
- State of Alabama Certified Heating and Air Conditioning Contractor
- State of Alabama Certified Refrigeration Contractor
- National Air Duct Cleaners Association – Air Systems Cleaning Specialist
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design – Accredited Professional
Rodney G. Ferguson
Rodney joined M & D Mechanical Contractors, Inc. in May of 1993 with many years of experience in quality control, inspection and project management. He has made significant contributions to the business in the area of project management and has been responsible for numerous industrial, government, commercial and institutional projects. Project management of HVAC construction contracts includes estimating job costs, coordination of project schedules with prime and subcontractors, purchasing job materials and interacting with field personnel for construction organization and scheduling.
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering – University of Alabama, Huntsville, AL
- Certified Master Plumber and Certified Master Gas Fitter
- Certified with AL Board of Heating and A/C Contractors
- Propane License Holder
- LEED-AP® Certified by USGBC
John A. Barnard
John joined M & D Mechanical Contractors, Inc. in 1990 and has over 25 years of experience in the construction industry. John started out with M&D Mechanical as a laborer. Although, at the time, he had not completed high school, he had a huge desire to learn. He completed apprenticeships in both plumbing and pipe fitting/welding, giving him the opportunity to work in the company where he was needed. John served as a plumber journeyman, a certified welder, and a certified medical gas installer. He has 13 years field experience and worked as a Pipefitter Foreman supervising numerous projects before transferring to the main office in 2003. After transferring to the main office in 2003 John has at different times held the positions of material and equipment coordinator, estimator, and project manager. He is outstanding in his knowledge of the trade, safety regulations, coordination and management skills and reliability.
- Associates Degree in Business Management – Calhoun Community College
- Certified Master Plumber; Certified Master Gas Fitter; Certified Med Gas Installer
Johnny W. Horton
V.P. of Field Operations
John joined M & D Mechanical Contractors, Inc. in 1985 and has over ____ years of experience in the construction industry. He is responsible for field construction operations, maintaining site inventory, interfacing with other major and minor subcontractors maintaining project schedule requirements, distribution and control of project documents, and coordination of work with Construction Manager, site Safety Manager, and Project Manager.
- Certified Journeyman Plumber; Certified Journeyman Gas Fitter; Certified Med Gas Installer
- Certified HDPE Installation
Michelle L. Cesareo
Michelle came to M & D Mechanical in September 2002 as a temporary Front Desk Clerk and was hired full time in January 2003. She worked in this position until July 2006 when she was offered the position of Accounting Coordinator. During this time period while continuing to work full-time, she was able to achieve her Master’s Degree in Business Administration in Accounting from the University of North Alabama. As the Accounting Coordinator, Michelle is responsible for Auditing, Cost Accounting, Financial Analysis, Financial Statements, Process Analysis, and Transaction Processing. Michelle became a Board Member in July 2016. She is currently seeking her Certified Managerial Accounting Certification.
- Associates Degree in Business and Accounting – Calhoun Community College
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting – Athens State University
- Master of Business Administration in Accounting – University of North Alabama